- Above: The roof garden of the Art and Exhibition Hall in Bonn, Germany. Photo: Deutche Telekom.
- Above: A green roof atop a building in Beijing. Source: Treehugger.
- Above: (two pics) School of Art and Design, Singapore. Photos: Sidonie Carpenter.
- Above: Getty Centre, LA. Photo: Sidonie Carpenter.
- Above: DPI Marine and Freshwater Resource Institute, Queenscliff, Victoria, designed by Lyons Architects.
- Above: Australia’s Parliament House, Canberra. Photo: Hillmanimages.com
- The California Academy of Sciences, as featured on thegrowspot.com
- Above: Solaire Building, New York. Photo: Earth Observatory.
- Above: Kingsway Condo, Vancouver, by ELT green roofs.
- Above: Garden shed roof, from North Carolina Green Technology Building Database.
- Above: Turf and sedum roofs from Safeguard Europe.
- Above: Roof Meadows by Roofscapes Inc Nth America
- Above: Patric Blanc green roof and living wall from ecotourismblog.
- Another vertical garden by Patrick Blanc in Madrid, Spain. Photo: Adaptiveruse.
- Above: Conservatorium of Music, Sydney (both pics) by Water Sensitive Urban Design, Sydney.
- Above: Wharf 11, Sydney: Water Sensitive Urban Design, Sydney.
- Above: Charles Sturt University, Albury, by Water Sensitive Urban Design, Sydney.
- Above: Embarkation Park, Sydney, by Water Sensitive Urban Design, Sydney.
- Above: Freshwater Place, Southbank, Melbourne, by Fytogreen Australia.
- Above: Vertical turf by Fytogreen Australia.
- Above: Green roof from Wisconsin Energy Education Program.
- Above: Seattle City Hall. Photo: Design cost data.
- Above: Vancouver Public Library. Photos: School of Architecture University.
- Above: Westin Awaji Resort, Japan, photo courtesy of Graeme Hopkins and Churchill Memorial Fellowship.
- Above: Green roofs by The Garland Company, UK.
Domestic roof garden by Marigreen, UK & Czech
- Above: Denmark’s National Bank Building.
- Above: The Toyota Roof Garden. Photo: Business Week, Japan.
- Above: The Ford Assembly Plant in Michigan, US.
- Above: Building in Milano, from Sally in Italia website.
- Above: Liftech Consultants (structural engineering) green roof
- Above: Melbourne’s 6-star CH2 building, the ‘greenest building in Australia’.
Church with turf roof, Saurbær, Iceland. Source: Boddie.
Above: Living wall and grass roof, Singapore. Source: Sidonie Carpenter.
Above: Millenium Park, Chigago, at more than 24 acres, one of the largest green roofs in the world. Source: greenroofs.com.
- Above: Earth homes by Swiss architect Peter Vetsch. Photos: Simonstocken.
- Below: the famous Chicago City Hall green roof. Photo: greenroofs.com
- Above two pics from ecogeek.
- Above: ACROS Fukuoka building, Japan, via Metaefficient website.
MORE PHOTOS OF GREEN ROOFS AROUND THE WORLD here.
- All care has been taken to correctly cite and reference sources, but if we have in error breached copyright by hosting any of these pictures, the copyright holder can comment below and we will remove it immediately.